1. The best day of the week to list your home is Friday…TGIF!
2. Odds are you’re going to need some help selling: Homeowners have a 120% better chance of selling their home when using REALTOR®.
3. According to a NAR Community Preference Survey, 78% of respondents said that the neighborhood is more important to them than the size of the home.
4. 57% said they’d give up a home with a larger yard if they could have a shorter commute.
5. NAR reports that 80% of home buyers believe their home is a good investment, 44 percent saying it’s better than stocks.
6. 90% of home buyers who used the Internet to search for a home purchased through a real estate agent.
7. 90% of buyers financed their purchase.
8. Home is where the heart (and equity) is: 61.4% of the average American family’s net worth is in home equity.
9. In Scotland, homeowners paint their front door red when they pay off their mortgage.
10. And finally, don’t be so quick to change your brass to brushed nickel! Brass doorknobs disinfect themselves. It’s called the oligodynamic effect: the ions in the metal have a toxic
effect on spores, fungi, viruses, and other germs.