Halloween is almost here and Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Las Posadas, Kwanzaa, Christmas, Yule, and more are all around the corner! This is the busiest time of year. We have parties, dinners, costume contests, gifts, and other special events to attend! As busy as we all are, there are so many things planned all around Michigan that are just begging for us to stop by and check them out! We forget about the activities going on in our own city!
Let us take a look at the events going on all around Rochester, MI this holiday season!
To see these events organized in a calendar, visit the “Events” tab on my website!
Until 10/30: Meadow Brook Theatre is performing Little Shop of Horrors on Oakland University’s Campus!
10/27: Celebrity Lip Sync Battle at MotorCity Casino Hotel! Fundraiser Event for Families Facing Cancer!
10/27: Community Foundation Greater Rochester Tailgate
– Tailgating begins at 6 pm. Royal Park Hotel. Support the Community Foundation of Greater Rochester and your community. Jim Brandstatter is the featured presenter.
10:27: Dinosaur Hills Nature Preserve: Nature Book Club
– 6pm-7:30pm. Dinosaur Hill, 333 N. Hill Circle, Rochester Hills, MI. 48307. Read The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben, then join us for a lively discussion about the book, and light refreshments, and get up close with some of the natural elements found within the pages. Zoom option available. Teens-Adults (Donation)
10/28: Meadow Brook Garden Club: “Invasive Forest Pets”
– 10am-11am. The Meadow Brook Garden Club presents guest speaker, Amy Kennedy, at Meadow Brook Hall. Coffee and refreshments are served at 9:15 a.m., and the program starts at 10:00 a.m. These events are open to the public and there is a $5 non-member donation. Reservations are not required.
10/29: Downtown Rochester Farmer’s Market- Final Market of 2022
– 8:00am – 1:00pm. Farmers’ Market Lot, Corner of E. 3rd & Water Street, Rochester, MI 48307
10/29: Trick or Treat at Farmers’ Market
– 10am-12pm. East Third & Water. The Downtown Rochester Farmers’ Market invites kids and their parents to visit the market for trick-or-treating fun! Goodie bags will be provided.
10/31: Happy Halloween!
11/3: Rochester Hills Outdoor Engagement Night Hike & Campfire- S’mores and Stars
– 6:30pm-8pm. Bloomer Park, 345 John R Road. Join us for an exciting night hike and campfire!
11/6: Rochester Hills Outdoor Engagement: Outdoor Survival for Teens
– 2pm-4:30pm. Bloomer Park 345 John R Road Rochester, MI 48307. This day is sure to be packed with adventure and skill-building while we learn archery and how to build a shelter using natural materials, start a fire with flint and steel and identify a few wild edibles. Suitable for ages 13-18.
11/9: OPC: Travel with the OPC- “Pickleball” at the Purple Rose Theatre
– 11 am-7 pm. A world premiere by Jeff Daniels. In a wild comedy about America’s fastest-growing sport, four below-average players must overcome their limitations to achieve greatness. Included lunch before the play at Karl’s Kabin. Tickets are $122, including lunch, theatre tickets, and motorcoach transport.
11/11: Paint Creek Center for the Arts: 2022 Holiday Art Market Opening Event & Silent Auction
– 5:30-8:30pm. Paint Creek Center for the Arts 407 Pine Street Rochester, MI 48307. Join PCCA as we kick off our Holiday Art Market with this Silent Auction! In addition to art pieces from Art & Apples Festival artists, non-art items donated by local businesses will also be a part of the silent auction
11/12: OPC Artisan Market
– The OPC’s Artisan Holiday Market will have over 75 vendors on-hand selling their unique, handcrafted items, perfect for holiday gift-giving. Specialty arts and crafts including custom jewelry, pottery, artisan cards, Christmas décor, and more. The $2 entry fee at the door supports OPC’s Arts & Enrichment programming.
11/12: Taste & Tunes: Three Men and a Tenor
– Rochester, MI – Plan now for an evening of dining and music at “Taste & Tunes” held on November 12, 2022, at Great Oaks Country Club, Rochester, featuring entertainment by Three Men and a Tenor. Begin with cocktails at 6:30 pm followed by a delicious plated dinner prepared by the Great Oaks chefs.
11/13: Rochester Hills Public Library & Fall Concert Series presents: Odyssey
– 2 pm. RHPL, 500 Olde Towne Rd, Rochester, MI 48307, in the multipurpose room. Enjoy the Cappella voices of Odyssey, a Southeast Michigan-based musical group that offers interactive performances for audiences of all ages.
11/15: Rochester Hills Public Library: Take & Make DIY Pressed Fall Leaves Art
– RHPL, 500 Olde Towne Rd, Rochester, MI 48307. Register for the program to reserve supplies & pick up your kit today at the adult reference desk.
11/18: Meadow Brooke Theatre Presents A Christmas Carol
– Shows begin at either 2 pm, 6:30, or 8 pm. Running from Nov 18 – Dec 24. Everyone’s favorite holiday classic captivates audiences for the 40th year with the tale of a mean-spirited miser and the ghosts that haunt him. Celebrating 40 years of Holiday Magic! Ticket prices vary. Call 248-377-3300 for more information.
11/18: The Village of Rochester Hills: Light the Village
– 6 pm. Let us kick off the holiday season and celebrate 20 years at the Village.
11/19: RHPL: NaNoWriMo Come “Write In”
– 10am-3pm. All ages. Rochester Hills Public Library, Conference Room B. If you are trying to hit 50,000 words in 30 days, we have a spot for you!
11/19: Festival of Trees!
– 10am-8pm. Rochester Community House, 816 Ludlow Avenue, Rochester, MI, 48307. A holiday spectacular unlike any other, featuring trees, wreaths, tablescapes centerpieces, and more! Kids crafts each day, plus bring your camera for photos with Santa from 12 – 5 pm both Saturday and Sunday. Admission is free.
11/19: Gobble Wobble Line Dance Party
– Enjoy fun and lively line dancing with friends both new and old! This event is open to the public. A $5 ticket includes music, dancing, cider, and donuts. The OPC is located at 650 Letica Drive, Rochester.
11/20: Festival of Trees
– 10am-5pm. Rochester Community House, 816 Ludlow Avenue, Rochester, MI, 48307. A holiday spectacular unlike any other, featuring trees, wreaths, tablescapes centerpieces, and more! Kids crafts each day, plus bring your camera for photos with Santa from 12 – 5 pm both Saturday and Sunday. Admission is free.
– 6-9 pm. Mark your calendars for Lagniappe & the kick-off of The Big, Bright Light Show as we cover the buildings downtown with over 1.5 million points of glimmering light!
11/22: Rochester Hills Outdoor Engagement: T-ur-ur-ur-ur-key Trek at B-LoLoLoLoLooo-mer
– 10am & 12pm. Bloomer Park 345 John R Road Rochester, MI 48307. Join the Outdoor Engagement team for a family-friendly hike around Bloomer Park
11/24: Thanksgiving Day
11/25: Black Friday! Shop until you drop!
11/25: Meadow Brook Hall: Holiday Walk
– November 25 – December 23, 2022. Celebrate the Season at Holiday Walk! It is the most wonderful time of year! Meadow Brook Hall’s annual Holiday Walk brings the magic of the season alive with an unforgettable series of activities and special events.
11/25: Plaid Friday
– 10am-9pm. On Plaid Friday, shoppers are encouraged to wear plaid and head to Downtown Rochester for a fun day of shopping!
11/26: 4th Annual Rochester Author Fair
– 7pm. Multipurpose Room, RHPL. Hosted by RHPL and Rochester Writers, the Rochester Author Fair is an opportunity to discover local writers who are traditionally published and self-published and represent many genres. Registration is not required.
11/27: Meadow Brook Hall: Value Nights at Winter Wonder Lights
– Visit Winter Wonder Lights on our special Value Nights to receive a reduced rate on tickets to the all-new outdoor holiday light show. Adults: $18 – Age 13 and up; Youth: $9 – Age 3 – 12; Children ages 2 and under: Free; Active Military and Veterans (Thank you for your service!): $18; OU Students: Free (Must present Oakland University ID at time of ticket redemption.) Meadow Brook Members: $9.
12/4: Rochester Christmas Parade!
12/15: Hot Chocolate with Santa!
My calendar will be updated soon with the numerous events occurring in December! Happy Holidays and stay safe!
Comments are closed.